NIKE AIR HUARACHE CHAUSSURES,AIR JORDAN 23,AIR JORDAN 11 RETRO SCHUHE,AIR JORDAN 29,AIR JORDAN 2 MEN,Air Jordan 3.5 Homme
NIKE ROSHE RUN FLORAL SWOOSH,NIKE ROSHE TWO FLYKNIT SHOES,NIKE ROSHE ZWEI,Nike Tanjun,NIKE ZOOM ASCENTION MEN,NIKE ZOOM KD 9
NIKE FLYKNIT CHUKKA,NIKE FREE FLYKNIT NSW,NIKE FREE FLYKNIT MERCURIAL CHAUSSURES,NIKE FREE FLYKNIT NSW,Nike Free Flyknit NSW,NIKE FREE OG 14 BR MEN
News | Agenda | Contacts
Brasao Freguesia Aveiras de Baixo

Titulo

Main Page > Local Council > Patrimony

Patrimony

   The architecture and beautiful nature of this parish are of great importance, so we'll reveal a little of its history, art and landscape heritage. Are part of its heritage, the Chapel of Casais da Lagoa, or the Chapel of Virtudes, but special mention goes to:

Church of the Monastery of Santa Maria Das Virtudes
of the
Order of St. Francis

convento

   The image of Santa Maria, placed in a hermitage, was constantly visited by the most devoted, knowledgeable of their miraculous feats. Prince D. Duarte, before the conquest of Ceuta in 1415, changed Her name, to St. Mary of the Virtues, and made ​​the promise to build the monastery of the Order of St. Francis, where the battle successful. In 1434, D. Duarte withdrew the hermitage dependence from the Prior of Aveiras, and with the permission of Pope Martin V, donated the picture to the Order of St. Francis.
   Thus was born the monastery of St. Mary of the Virtues, which was very important till the seventeenth century. Once frequented by kings and very reputable, the monastery in 1640, was found itself in bad conditions, but the abandonment only takes place in 1834, with the dissolution of the religious orders in Portugal.

   The architecture of this temple has three different styles at different times. When it was founded, had a late Gothic style. During the reign of King Manuel I, the church has undergone renovations, having been added, for example, a room with a ribbed vault and Manueline decoration (Cross of Christ and faces in profile) and baptismal font.
   Later, in the seventeenth century, suffered notable changes due to earthquakes. At that time, the Baroque art is predominant, such as the pulpit, niche cruise and tile panels of the side walls of the chancel and the start of the dome paintings. Currently from this enormous shrine, the only remains is the Church.

Palace of the Counts of Aveiras
or
Manor of the Counts of Povolide

   The Palace of the Counts of Aveiras is also known as Solar dos Condes de Povolide or Quinta da Cerca. Its construction dates from the eighteenth and nineteenth century, revealing a plant around the rectangular courtyard, with rectangular buildings such as a chapel, cellar and residential buildings. Its architecture is predominantly baroque.
   From its history is known that in the seventeenth century was built as a palatial residence of the Counts of Aveiras. In the following century, there was an extension and conversion of the building, which remains almost the same until today. In the nineteenth century, due to the Liberal Wars, the Count of Aveiras leaves Lisbon and fixes his residence at Aveiras along with is family. In 1949, the 12th Count, D. Nuno da Silva Paulo Telo de Noronha died in the palace leaving their property well developed for agriculture, thus being called Quinta da Cerca.

National Forest of Virtudes

   This forest has an area of ​​two hundred thirty-five acres of sandy soil where D. Dinis ordered the planting of pines in 1296. Access to the site is easy and allows nature lovers to enjoy the beauty of its flora or taking long walks.


Copyright © 2014 Junta de Freguesia de Aveiras de Baixo | All rights Reserved | design : José Ramos